Did you already start shopping? I know I have and this year more than ever I want to be very mind-full about what I buy and especially who I buy it from. Pandemic and all lots of small businesses are struggling so this year my focus is essentially on getting my gifts from women owned small and really AMAZING businesses.
Here are my 10 picks for this year gifts for kids.
1. For any newborn or baby check out these socks. But those are not just any cute baby socks. This little fella actually stay put and do not fell off those tiny feet! Beth the amazing mama behind this company solved one of the biggest frustration of every baby mama: socks getting off those cute chubby feet in the middle of winter!
2. Meet Laurel and her brand Beyamade. Laurel makes timeless, beautiful outfits for kiddos which grow with them, meaning your little one can wear those a lot longer. Like 3 times longer than any other brand! an item Beyamade is the perfect gift fo any minimalistic echo conscious family. And did I tell you they are super cute?
3. If you know a new parent, mom OR dad who are living in sweats while they’re hip-deep in baby life – this is for you. Hoodie Chew Chew is the only chewable teether that attaches to your hoodie string. Perfect for parents who are living in their hoodies and babies who chew EVERYTHING. Its of curse all nasties free and you can just keep it clean by throwing it to your dishwasher!
4. My little girl is almost 4 now so her life is all about hair accessories and dresses. But her hair just can not keep any bow or clip on. It took me a while to find "clip that does not slip" Anna-Aliza makes just the coolest hair accessories at Moo Gand they really do stay put! Also if you have a crafty mom around there is a box available for her to do it yourself.
5. Now comes my one stop gift place for any new baby gift. Our green houseoffers you the possibility to construct your gift basket stuffing it up with organic fair trade goodies. If you don't want the hassle of choosing or composing by yourself you can always pick up some ready ones. On top of that Pam the owner not only personally curates each and every product sold there but she also donates a part of the profits to support various animal protection NGO! Love love! And who knows you might even recognize some of our critters in there 😉
6. If you have to treat an expecting Mom here is a must go to small business: check out Julie Anne's Dressed to Deliver. The must have maternity gown and a few other super cute items like swaddles and hats just perfect for the mama to be.
7. I personally can not resist cute baby booties. What you mostly will find on the market are shoes which are not really adapted for babies. This brand created by Kelly, an amazing mama and entrepreneur, offers the cutest soft booties. Check out Cabooties here I couldn't yet convince her to make some for mamas too but will be buying those for sure. And you what they are vegan!
8. Courtney from Finer and Dandyhas this amazing Holiday shop section where you will be able to find many very cute holiday themed gifts for littles and mamas and even personalized ornaments!
9. Camila is one of my favorite ceramic artists ever. I just love her stuff. Now she also offers this amazing set of hight quality transfers to DIY. Its so cool for mamas with older kiddos as you can decorate your favorite mugs, glasses and vases together. Shop here
10. And of curse not to forget on your lists a bebemoss toy. Hand made by a group of mothers in organic cotton. The gift that keeps on giving as by purchasing one of our adorable critters you will empower a mother in need with a fair trade living wage and allow her to take care of her family.
Happy shopping and Happy Holidays!