bebemoss knits are made with the finest and natural wool, cotton and blended natural knitting yarns.
All wool used in making bebemoss knitwear were selected for their softness and lightweightness :wool, merino wool, alpaca, cotton , cashmere, bamboo, silk ....
In bebemoss knits there is no itchy wool nor any yarn containing synthetic fibres in order to respect the delicate skin of babies. In the description of each item you will find the composition of wool with which it was made .
Most of our cotton products are made with certified organic yarn.
WOOL , A LIVING MATTERIAL WITH UNIQUE PROPERTIES:
- Wool is soft , light and durable : it can be twisted , turned , twisted and then regain its shape . It has great tensile strength .
- The wool insulates and protects from the cold : its structure allows it to lock up a large amount of air, which gives it a great insulating power .
- The wool absorbs moisture : it can absorb 30-40 % of its weight in moisture , 20 to 30 times more than most synthetics.
- Wool is hygienic: it does not trap dust and dirty little
- Wool is a renewable raw material : each year , wool regrowth after mowing. Its production requires little energy because sheep are raised in the open air.
- Wool is 100% biodegradable: when it is no longer useful it can be composted and fertilize the soil.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR bebemoss KNITS?
Some of the yarn we use like cotton or some super wash wools are machine washable, but we still advise gentle hand washing in gentle soap, baby soap or shampoo or liquid wool detergent. Do not tumble dry or hang your garnements, always lay them flat for gentle drying.